Roof Replacement Service
At Punum Roofing of Houston, we understand that your roof is a big investment. A roof is so much more than just shingles - as part of a larger system, it protects you, your family and your belongings from the elements. Punum installs replacement roofs using high-quality roofing brands such as Owens Corning and GAF/ELK to ensure that your roof lasts as long as possible.
When is it time to replace my roof?
There are many signs that your roof needs to be replaced. Some of the most common things we see include:
- Shingle Damage: Shingles are an essential part of your roofing system. When shingles become curled at the edges, cracked or begin to buckle, it may be time to have your roof replaced. Missing shingles are also a good sign that replacement is necessary.
- Shingle staining: Dark stains on your roof can be an indication of algae growing on your roof. Moss growth, mildew and mold on your shingles may also indicate damage.
- Age: Most roofs are designed to last 20-25 years. If your roof is two decades old, we recommend that you consider replacement.
- Granules: The granules on your shingles are designed to protect your roof. When you start see granules falling off into your gutter, it may be time to replace.
- Interior Damage: If your roof is already leaking, you may see damage to your attic, ceiling or walls. Sometimes we also see blistering or peeling paint on the exterior of your house, also caused by leaking.
- Energy Costs: If you notice that your energy bills are going up, your roof may not be well-insulated. Punum can install an energy-efficient roof to reduce these costs.
- Roof valleys: If unrepaired, rain, hail and other precipitation can flow through the valleys of your roof. If you notice damage in this area, we recommend a replacement roof.
- Chimney flashing: It is best for chimney flashing to be made of metal flashing rather than tar or cement. If you have cement or tar, we recommend that you replace your roof.
Do you have more questions about replacing your roof? Check out our roofing FAQ's.
When your roof is damaged by a storm, you are entitled to insurance compensation. Working with your insurance company can be stressful, involving paperwork and meeting with an adjuster. Punum Roofing has over 15 years of experience working with insurance companies. We will inspect your roof, providing a free estimate of all damages, which we share with your adjuster. We help expedite your claim by following all insurance guidelines and meeting with your adjuster on-site. We are happy to handle this so that you can focus on repairing all damage to your home.
As a reputable Houston-area contractor, we make sure that this is done properly. Watch out for “storm chasers” – these people call themselves “roofing experts” and come to your town following a big storm. Storm chasers take advantage of homeowners who are dealing with the stress of a damaged home. Don’t let yourself fall victim – get a free estimate today from Punum Roofing, an expert with experience in the Houston area.
Even if you are simply looking to redesign your roof, we can customize your roof to fit your lifestyle and tastes, offering both metal and shingle replacement roofs. As a family-run business, we take pride in our customer service and will work to help you understand all aspects of your roof replacement. We offer free estimates so that you can select the best option for your roof, whether this is a repair or a full replacement.Click here to Contact us or Call us at 713-466-4447